Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the process for selling my catalytic converter? 
1. The title of the vehicle in which the converter came from.
2. The official bill of sale stating from whom the vehicle was
purchased, along with the make/model of the vehicle.
3. The registration of the vehicle from which the converter
4. A replacement receipt from a vehicle repair facility stating the
converter was replaced on the vehicle from which the
converter originated.

2.What needs to be done to a vehicle before it can be brought in?
We will accept vehicles with the tank and battery attached.

3.What needs to be done to refrigeration units before I bring them in?
Bring in refrigeration units as they are. We will take care of the rest. 

4.What materials fall under the Clean Auto Cast category?
Cylinder Heads w/ Spark Plugs, Crank Shafts, Cam Shafts, Brake Drums, Brake Rotors, Motor Blocks W/O Pistons & Rods, Intake Manifolds, Exhaust Manifolds.

5.What is the length of steel for it to be considered short iron?
3 Feet in any dimension x 18 inches wide.

6.Does CFC buy walnuts?

7.What are CFC's operating hours? 
We receive Monday - Friday; 8 am - 4:30 pm.
Saturday 8 am - 11:30 am.

8.Do I need to separate my metals before I come in?
Yes, if you want to maximize the value of your product and speed up your service.

9.Do you offer containers to the general public? 
Please call for additional information.

10.Do you take automobile tires?
We will accept 4 tires on the vehicle and 1 spare tire. We can not accept tires from vehicles 1 ton and larger.

11.Is a title required to scrap a vehicle?
If the vehicle is 12 years or newer, we must have a title or we can NOT accept it.
For vehicles older than 12 years, you will have to complete proper paperwork at CFC.

12.What needs to be done to farm equipment before I can bring it in? 
We CAN NOT accept tires from farm implements.

13.Will a customer have to be fingerprinted?

14.Which types of Identification can a customer use when selling metals?
Valid US Govt. issued ID, w/picture, State/Federal Driver's License, State Issued ID, Valid US Passport, Valid Military ID, Non-Resident Alien Border Crossing Card, US Immigration and Naturalization Service ID

15.Will a signature be required with every transaction?

16.How long will a customer have to wait to get their copper and/or catalytic converter checks?
The State Law Requires a 5 day waiting period.

17.Can my check be mailed? 
We can mail your check if it is over $100.00. However once we mail it, it is out of our hands, and it can NOT be replaced for 6 months. If the check amount is under $100.00 we can mail it, but there will be a $3.00 administrative fee charged.

18.Can I sell HVAC units or parts of a HVAC unit?
HVAC coils, condensers, evaporators can only be sold as scrap by a business with one or more of the following:
a.) Contractors or Commercial Contractors License.
b.) Business with a class 4 classification indicating business as 
a HVAC installer/repairer. Business must also have sales tax ID.

19.What do I do if I have some stolen material?
a.) File a police report
b.) Call us & we will fill out a missing material report. This will allow us to 
identify the material if it arrives at CFC

20.Where can I find additional information on the new scrap laws?
Senate Bill No. 2400
Transport20161017 16304 1x6fwg8